Thursday, January 10, 2008

Science and cars


Everyone who knows Busi Maqubela, the MTN Sciencentre floor manager, knows that she's mal about cars. So we gave her the same driving quiz that appears in The Times newspaper.........
What do you drive? The Toyota Run X 160i sport, my sleek black beauty.

What does your odometer read? It's overdue for service. Around 31 800.

What do you like about your car? Comfort, leg room, acceleration and ohh ... leather seats of course, and speed (shhh!)

What would you like to drive? An Audi Q7.

What's the fastest you have ever driven? 195 km/hr.

What is your worst traffic fine? R400, Vanguard drive (bloody N7), recently, nogal.

Do you consider yourself a good driver? Very good and safe.

What was your first car? Toyota Tazz 130

What's the furthest you've driven without stopping? From Cape Town to Colchester, just outside of Port Elizabeth in Mpumi Koloni, the Eastern Cape.

What's playing on your CD shuttle? Bebe Winans' Up Close & Personal, Shirley Brown - Woman to Woman, The best of Peabo Bryson, Grammy Nominees 2007, Gentle Breeze 2 - the DJ compilation and the Dreamgirls movie soundtrack.

Have you ever done it on the back seat? Why would I answer that?

Do you worry about your contribution to global warming? Yes. I work at the science centre so I know climate change is very worrying.

Do you always buckle up? Always, otherwise there's that irritating sign on my dashboard.

Are you susceptible to road rage? Just a little. Not often.

If you were to customise your licence plate, what would it say? Qubs 22. Qubs is my nickname by friends, shortened from my surname. 22 is my date of birth and one of my lucky numbers, I believe.

No comments: